Wednesday, October 26, 2005

ancient mishaps

sure to get me wrong
you seemed awkward
     gliding through the crowd
a firm mature beauty of your face
a superior figure
in a misplaced gown

then came the words
the words in english
words of a bookwriter
words of Prevere
words of a drunk
words are not enough

too many words
to tell a story
to capture a moment
an idle spectacle

don’t get me wrong
i love the words of a burning flame
but no words can seize
     the fire
that was never there

don’t get me wrong
     sang The Pretenders
evading the silence
the silence of my heart
     the impotence
of my yearning mind
     seeking a storm
     
     don’t get me wrong
in another time
another place
i would take a chance
and give you my all
     it would be fun

a date
maybe i can
see your eyes somewhere
maybe i can feel your smile
sometimes
and every day
in the oblivion cave
every time
through the tunnels of torture
i take a glance
beyond the sea of common
ugliness
over the scarce beauty
i dare not upset
before a wasteland
i mustn’t disrupt
for it is not you

for i’m a coward
i seek myself
in ponds of life
that come my way
i take their water
and give them a glass
shut my eyes tight
hoping i would drown
but i never do
for it is not you

how foolish of me
to seek you down
how feeble of me
to bash the blinds
and swear the doors
that let you inside
and open your soul
to make you cry
make me weep
for going through
i curse myself
for it is not you


music: “Everything Must Go” – Manic Street Preachers
movie: “True Romance” - Tony Scott

No comments: