Wednesday, February 22, 2006

february (fear, frenzy, freaks, philosophy & futility)

i get shot in my leg
but i can’t get no bullet removed
because my insurance had expired
long ago

i drive a huge truck
but i have no breaks
i should stop
but i go

i ought to break away
from a standstill
lazy & cowardly
i choose to chill

i get two unread messages
after a week’s absence
i should label them spam
but i don’t
my companion
misplaces the songs
and screws up the subtitles

i should bathe
but i hate being cold
i should remember
things i forget
and vice versa
i let my conscious
wander into the night

high or low
i say the wrong things
i mishear the echoes
i let my dreams
slip away
i must be a senile bear
in a world of bears

me, myself & i
& who else
yet another mistake
not to be made
i would rather
hate my verses
for their solitude
i prefer
fearing the world
for its multitude

people seem to like me
but i don’t believe them
because i’m never their enemy
i seek admission
to the honesty race
but i’m denied entrance
for being a liar
and too personal
too dead
and oh so vain


music: "Antics" - Interpol
movie: "Waking Life" - Richard Linklater

No comments: