Wednesday, April 12, 2006

i killed a man

it’s much easier to write about dreams. reality requires too many words. dreams are poetry.
poetry. i have, as all healthy people do, frequent dreams about being chased. i don’t have “falling” dreams – that’s for crazy people. in my “being chased” dreams, i often find myself in possession of a firearm. but, sane as i am, i never have any ammo. either that or my gun is broken – i could never shoot any of my dream pursuers, be they nazis, aliens or your common ambiguous “evil force”. up until last night. i don’t know who was he or why he was after me; his face appeared from behind a wall, i raised my gun and pulled the trigger. there was a bang and, as i could see lowering my hands, there was a hole in the middle of the face’s forehead. i killed a man. and then i woke up. am i going crazy? or am i getting better?


music: “Amnesiac” – Radiohead
movie: “Abre Los Ojos (Open Your Eyes)” – Alejandro Amenabar

No comments: